Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You talk to God?


A memory that tugs on my heart the most took place at a middle school. We spent time with the kids in all the english classes and had the freedom to talk about anything we liked. As I sat on the floor with a group of 13-year-old boys, all clothed in the proper uniforms with light blue shirts, our conversation went from silly things that made us laugh to the simple question: “Why did you come to our school?” This opened the door for me to share about the most precious thing... my relationship with the Father. Their eyes were focused on me so intently and one boy finally built up the courage to ask, “You talk to God?” It was barely a whisper. Another leaned in and asked, “May I talk to Him, am I allowed to?” In that moment, I can not describe how overwhelmed I was at their innocence and genuine desire to know more. You could see it in their expressions, as if they had just come upon hidden treasure. And what an honor it was for me to be the one who got to share it with them.

1 comment: